Nursing Education at Southern Vermont College
Dr. Mary Botter Named Nursing Chair (read more)
SVC Bachelor of Science in Nursing program
The Division of Nursing offers the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Degree with two tracks. The Pre-Licensure BSN track is designed for individuals who wish to achieve a BSN and upon graduation be eligible to sit for the NCLEX-RN examination. The RN-BSN track is designed for registered nurses who wish to continue their education and achieve a BSN.
Our nursing graduates are empowered with a degree that is recognized and valued by health care facilities and providers, including hospitals, nursing homes, medical centers, physicians in private practice and clinics. Opportunities for SVC nursing graduates include employment in every specialty including pediatrics, critical care, obstetrics, medical, surgical and psychiatric nursing within the acute care setting as well as in non-acute care-settings such as primary care, long-term care, community health and hospice care.
Graduates of SVC are eligible to continue their professional academic development with the pursuit of master's and doctoral degrees which provide for greater career mobility. Advanced nursing roles include clinical nurse specialists, nurse practitioners, certified nurse anesthetists, certified nurse midwives, case managers, nurse educators, nurse administrators and nurse researchers.
Join us in Southern Vermont
Southern Vermont College provides a quality, affordable, private, liberal arts based, career launching education in a beautiful setting. We have an excellent baccalaureate Nursing program with experienced and clinically competent faculty, outstanding clinical facilities, and high-tech simulation and skills labs to enhance learning.
At SVC you can pursue your career goals through two tracks: a four-year, pre-licensure Bachelor of Science in Nursing option or our RN to BSN degree option. To learn more, click on the links below.
svc offers SIMULATION LEARNING
SVC’s Health Education Center in downtown Bennington, just blocks from our campus, offers one of the only fully functioning simulation lab facilities in the regions. The HEC’s spacious facilities feature a dedicated low-fidelity skill laboratory, simulation and x-ray laboratories, technologically advanced classrooms and conference space to give our students real world experience. Click here to learn more.
Take the next step and apply now.
Meet the Faculty
- Mary L. Botter, PhD, RN (Chair)
- Bobbe Ann Gray, PhD, RNC-OB, CNS-BC (Curriculum Consultant)
- Kathi Atkins, MSN, BSN
- Sandra Fleischmann, MSN, RN
- Melissa North, MSN, RN, CNE
- Eileen Rice, PhD, MSN, RN-BC)
- Kim Schultz, Administrative Assistant
Note: Clinical adjuncts may be contacted through the Division of Nursing by calling Administrative Assistant Kim Schultz at 802-447-4661.
Instructor and Co-Chair Tammy Kenny, MS, MST, Division of Science and Technology.
- Nursing Chair to Serve n VT Board of Nursing Education Committee
- Criminal Justice Students Tour Albany Sheriff's Department
- "Spirit of Giving"
- Student-Athlete Advisory Committee Sponsors Toy and Clothing Drive
- Criminal Justice Students Witness the Law at Albany County Court
- President Gross's Farewell Message
- Op-ed by President Gross in Bennington Banner: "A president receives a gift"
- President Gross's Commentary in VTDIGGER.ORG: "Can Civic Engagement Help Millennials Get Jobs?"
- SPRING CLASSES
- President Gross's Comment in NationalJournal: "Civic Engagement..."
- David Rees Evans, Ph.D., Named Next SVC President