Fast Facts: Academic Year 2013-2014
- Average class size: 19
- 16:1 student-faculty ratio
- 500 students
- Diverse student body from 19 states and 3 countries outside the U.S.
- On-campus housing guaranteed for first-year students
- Two Internet and phone hookups in each Residence Hall room
- Sophomores, Juniors & Seniors are allowed to have cars on campus free of charge; they must be registered with Campus Safety.
- 21 clubs and organizations on campus
- 10 NCAA Division III athletics
- Support program for students with learning differences
- Center for Teaching and Learning offers free supplemental tutoring and study groups
- Individualized degree programs
- Study abroad opportunities
- 17 available majors
- 371-acre campus on a beautiful mountainside setting, 1.5 miles from downtown Bennington (population 20,000)
- Within 90 minutes of 18 ski and snowboard resorts
- Total comprehensive fees (2013-2014): $32,225 a year (tuition, room & board)
- 90% of students receive financial aid; average aid package for students totals $10,000 a year
- All applicants reviewed for a variety of academic merit scholarships
Thomas Redden, Ph.D. - Professor, The Donald Everett Axinn Division of Social Sciences.
- President Gross in National Consumer Law Center's Student Loan Report
- Leadership Development Academy
- Info on Bennington Water Project Vote
- President's Article in NEJHE on Small Colleges Need "Gold Medal Selfies"
- SVC Adds DIII Women's Lacrosse and JV Men's Basketball
- SVC Appoints New Nursing Leader
- Military Leader Speaks on King's Life and Legacy
- President Gross's HUFF POST Blog: "The Power of Small..."