About Southern Vermont College
Southern Vermont College offers a transformative living and learning experience that cultivates lifelong learners in a personalized setting, emphasizes active learning and exploration, and encourages empowered citizenship and environmental sensibility.
Located on a mountainside campus overlooking the Green Mountains, Southern Vermont College aspires to be a model of an enlightened educational community: diverse, supportive, environmentally respectful and socially responsible. Through its career-focused liberal arts curriculum, Southern Vermont College endeavors to transform students into engaged citizens with a broad perspective of an ever-changing society. Whether students find themselves drawn to Business, Humanities, Nursing, Science and Technology or Social Sciences--the College's five academic divisions--SVC seeks to immerse students in the concept of becoming lifelong and dynamic learners. At the same time, Southern Vermont College encourages students to combine classroom learning with real life, real world experiences, through internships and learn-by-doing projects. In short, Southern Vermont College may be small in size but it is most assuredly not small in the skills and self-confidence that it strives to give its students.
Southern Vermont College is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges. SVC is a member of the Association of Vermont Independent Colleges.
Assistant Professor Jebediah Gorham, McCormick Division of Business
- Business Faculty Member Recognized by NCAA
- NEW Computed Tomography Certificate Program
- VIRTUAL BOOKSTORE FOR FALL SEMESTER
- Gregg Swain, Psy.D. and Author, Named to SVC Board
- Marine Leads SVC Program for Vets
- CTL Director Named National Endowment for Humanities Scholar
- INSIDE HIGHER ED: "The Bookstore Curriculum"
- SVC President to Return to Washington, D.C.
- Ordering Commencement Photos and DVDs
- Tom Otero Heads Newly-Formed Women's Lacrosse Program